I started writing blog posts about Wagtail CMS since 2017, some content and code might be a little outdated.
You can check the ebooks below to get the latest learning resources maintained by me.
- Build Blog With Wagtail CMS (second version): This book will teach you how to build a modern blog with Wagtail CMS
- The Definitive Guide to Next.js and Wagtail Build Jamstack web app with Next.js and Wagtail CMS.
- Build SPA with React and Wagtail: This book will teach you how to build a SPA (single-page application) with React and Wagtail CMS
- Build Blog with React (SSR) and Wagtail: This book will teach you how to build a blog with React, Wagtail CMS and SSR (Server-Side Rendering), which has good performance and good SEO.
The above ebooks build four projects which have similar features, but in different way. They can also help you have better understanding of the modern frontend tech and infrastructure.
- Python CMS Framework Review: Wagtail vs Django-CMS In this Python CMS review article, I will talk and compare
Wagtail CMS, the two most popular CMS frameworks in Python world.
Table of Contents:
Wagtail Tutorial Series:
- Create Wagtail Project
- Dockerizing Wagtail App
- Add Blog Models to Wagtail
- How to write Wagtail page template
- Add Bootstrap Theme to Wagtail
- How to use StreamField in Wagtail
- Wagtail Routable Page
- Add pagination component to Wagtail
- Customize Wagtail Page URL
- Add Full Text Search to Wagtail
- Add Markdown Support to Wagtail
- Add LaTeX Support & Code Highlight In Wagtail
- How to Build Form Page in Wagtail
- How to Create and Manage Menus in Wagtail
- Wagtail SEO Guide
- Source code: https://github.com/AccordBox/wagtail-bootstrap-blog
- Wagtail Tip #1: How to replace ParentalManyToManyField with InlinePanel
- Wagtail Tip #2: How to Export & Restore Wagtail Site
Write style in Wagtail:
- How to use SCSS/SASS in your Django project (Python Way)
- How to use SCSS/SASS in your Django project (NPM Way)
Other Wagtail Topics:
- How to make Wagtail project have good coding style
- How to do A/B Testing in Wagtail CMS
- How to build a landing page using Wagtail CMS
- How to support multi-language in Wagtail CMS
How to deploy your Wagtail project
- How to deploy Wagtail project to Heroku with Docker I will show you how to use Docker to deploy your project on Heroku, you can also use the code to deploy Wagtail on AWS if you prefer.
- How to deploy Django project to Dokku In this Dokku tutorial, I will talk about how to deploy Django project with Dokku, it would use Postgres db and Amazon S3 to store data and media files.
- How to deploy Django project to Dokku with Docker In this post, I will talk about how to deploy Django project to Dokku with Docker.