What you will get from this Django SASS/SCSS Tutorial
- Great articles which teach you how to write SASS/SCSS for your Django projects.
- Articles which teach you how to deploy SASS/SCSS for your Django projects.
- Open source projects which give you good example config code.
Python way and NPM way
Right now there are mainly two different ways to use SASS/SCSS in Django projects.
One way is to use pure Python packages, the other way is to use NPM solution.
Let's talk about the Python way first.
- It is easy to use, people can get all jobs done with a couple of Python config codes.
- People do not need to touch NPM stack, so if you do not want to touch front-end stuff, this is a good option.
- It does not support some advanced feature, such as lint feature.
What about NPM way?
- The NPM solution is a little more complex than the python way
- However, with the Node ecosystem, it supports more advanced features and more flexible.
So if you already have SCSS/SASS theme code and just want to make it work with Django, you can use the python way.
If you want to write SCSS/SASS a lot and also need to write more js code, I recommend you to use NPM way.
Table of content
Django SCSS Tutorial Series:
- How to use SCSS/SASS in your Django project (Python Way)
- How to use SCSS/SASS in your Django project (NPM Way)
If you want quick start, please check python-webpack-boilerplate