In 2017, I published the first version of Build Blog With Wagtail CMS, which aims to teaches people how to build projects using Wagtail CMS.
After 3+ years, many content and code in the book seems a little outdated.
I also received some user feedback:
- How to make Wagtail work with modern frontend tech such as
- How to build comment package which support
Emojiand make it work with Wagtail.
After finishing Build SPA with React and Wagtail (Which will teach you how to build a SPA (single-page application) with React and Wagtail CMS), I started working to solve the above problems for people.
- I rebuild the project with latest Python, Django, Wagtail, and other packages.
- I rewrote ALL chapters and added new content about the
modern frontend techand
Today, Build Blog With Wagtail CMS (second version) is available!
This book will teach you how to build a modern blog with
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Docker Composeto do development
- Create blog models to work with Wagtail.
Bootstrapthemes to the blog.
Django shellto debug, test code and check data in terminal.
- Learn to use
Dateto the post url.
Paginationcomponent and correctly handle querystring.
- Make the blog supports wirting in
- Create contact page using Wagtail
- Build menu, meta tags, sitemap, robots.txt for better SEO.
- Build comment system based on
- Understand how to use
Webpackto bundle frontend assets and make it work with Django project.
- Learn SCSS and use it to customize style in quick way.
Emojisupport to the comment form.
Promiseand the benefits.
- Deploy the production app to DigitalOcean
- Python 3.8
- Django 3.1
- Wagtail 2.11
- Node 12
- Webpack 5
- jQuery 3.5.1
- Bootstrap 4.5
- A PDF ebook which contains about 30 chapters.
- 20+ screenshots and several diagrams, all created by me.
- The source code is available on the Github/wagtail-bootstrap-blog
Difference bewteen the book and content on Accordbox blog
- The book content is new and work with latest Django and Wagtail.
- New content about the docker development workflow.
- New content about the modern frontend workflow based on
- New content about the
comment solutionwhich supports
The demo is also online if you want to check.
You can also check video below to see how
Emoji work in the comment form.
Table of Contents
- Create project
- Dockerizing Wagtail App
- Add Blog Models to Wagtail
- Page Templates
- Add Bootstrap Theme to Wagtail
- Routable Page
- Add pagination component
- Add Date to the PostPage URL
- Full Text Search
- Markdown Support
- Customize Markdown Renderer
- Build form page
- Menu Management
- Wagtail SEO Guide
- Modern frontend development with Webpack
- Dockerizing Webpack project
- Integrate Webpack with Django
- Comment Model
- Customize Django-Contrib-Comments
- Manage comment in Wagtail
- Add Mention support to Django form with Tribute.js
- Add Emoji support to Django form with Tribute.js
- Use Async/Await to refactor code
- Backend FAQ
- Frontend FAQ